Humans now mostly rely on computers for their work, entertainment, financial transactions and communications. That’s why the internet became a very popular medium for all of us and there’s not a day where we don’t log on the net. Speaking of that, thieves and criminals also upgraded their methods of gathering victims. They are more sophisticated than before and they use viruses to target innocent web users. Therefore, an antivirus is an essential part of computer software to prevent any virus attacks on your personal computer, VPS or your work computer.
Speaking of antiviruses, there are dozens of them in the market, but only few can provide a solid security feature to prevent any malicious attackers from gaining access to your files, financial information and personal data. Speaking of that, Bitdefender is one of the best antivirus of our time, so we’ll be taking a look on it.
Before we start getting into the details, let us see the required system specifications for Bitdefender. The minimum system requirements are:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 | Windows Vista SP2 | Windows 7 SP1 | Windows 8 | Windows 8.1
- CPU: 1.6 GHz processor
- Memory (RAM): 1GB
- Available free hard disk space: 1 GB free space (at least 800 MB on the system drive)
And the recommended are:
- Operating system: Microsoft Windows XP SP3 | Windows Vista SP2 | Windows 7 SP1 | Windows 8 | Windows 8.1;
- CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo (2 GHz) or equivalent processor
- Memory (RAM): 1 GB (Microsoft Windows XP), 1.5 GB (Microsoft Windows Vista, Microsoft Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1);
- Available free hard disk space: 2 GB free space (at least 800 MB on hard system drive)
As you can see, it’s quite generous when it comes to the operating system even though Microsoft terminated support for Windows XP last April 2014. This means you can still continue to use XP for a few years without much of a hassle. Now, for the antivirus itself, let’s see how well it performs.
Bitdefender Antivirus Review
I’ve been using Bitdefender antivirus for quite some time now and I can say that it has an impressive performance. It uses minimal system resources and performs exponentially. There are no impacts whatsoever on my daily tasks, gaming and watching movies as Bitdefender has an autopilot mode that enables the software to configure itself to have the least impact on your current activity.
Security is flawless, you won’t even know a virus attacked you, if you checked the logs, you’ll just see that it blocks any phishing, malware and any malicious attempt silently without the need for your interference and decisions. This makes it a very powerful and hassle-free antivirus. It will also update itself automatically so you don’t have to worry about updating the software at all.